Schaffer is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Project Manager to join our growing team. In this position you will manage multiple commercial construction projects from start to finish. This role will be based in our Frisco, Texas office and offers the potential of hybrid/remote flexibility once trained. As a hybrid role, this will require you to report to the office in-person for initial training and additionally for meetings/collaboration in the future, as needed.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall project direction, completion, and financial outcome for assigned projects. This position requires strong communication skills, self-motivation customer service skills, and time management skills.
• Prepare project schedules and work closely with Director of Construction to develop timelines and update monthly.
• Review estimates prior to submitting to customers.
• Lead or participate in preconstruction meetings with internal team members, cities, and subcontractors.
• Qualify subcontractor proposals, review contracts and issue subcontractor agreements to subcontractors.
• Review customer contracts and manage project to the contract.
• Manage project budget. Prepare pay applications and manage on time invoicing to customers.
• Review and approve subcontractor and vendor schedule of values, invoices and accounts payable. Ensure on-time payment to subcontractors and vendors.
• Prepare and submit change orders to customers, review subcontractor change orders, and update budget accordingly.
• Prepare and submit weekly reports to customers.
• Monitor the progress of construction activities on a regular basis and hold status meetings with subcontractors.
• Manages delays and associated cost or time impacts.
• Assist the company in business development efforts and advise management of potential project opportunities
• Other duties assigned by supervisors.
JOB SKILLS & ABILITIES GUIDELINES:
• Computer knowledge and efficiency, including, Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook.
• Ability to thoroughly understand and read plans.
• Understanding of contracts and risk management.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good math/accounting skills.
• Strong management skills.
• Willingness and ability to work in a team environment.
• Maintain customer relationships.
• Leadership Skills.
• Time Management Skills.
• Organizational Skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in customer management, construction science, engineering, architecture or related field from accredited university. Equivalent field experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
• 5 years’ minimum experience in a project management position or similar managing retail, aviation, or industrial construction projects.
To be considered submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org