Development Manager – Greater Orlando, Tampa or Jacksonville, FL area
Seeking a Development Manager who is interested in joining our growing team. This individual should have experience in project management within the Land Development, Due Diligence, Entitlements or Construction segments of real estate development.
The primary responsibility of the Development Manager is to provide oversight and management of the real estate development process from concept development through construction. The ideal candidate should have a clear understanding of all phases of real estate development as well as a thorough understanding of land development, due diligence, entitlements and construction.
- Strong work-ethic with a servant-leadership mentality
- Ability to apply technical skills to routine projects with excellence.
- Ability to organize teams, communicate well and delegate tasks for the betterment of the team.
- Desire to learn new things and diligence to execute into practice.
- Takes pride in and ownership of team’s work.
- Possess the ability to build positive relationships and interact with Clients (DOT, MPO, Transportation Authority, Municipal, County, State) subconsultants, public, and co-workers at all levels.
- Must have excellent command of the English language, excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- Proven track record of managing real estate development project from beginning to end life cycle.
- Ability to manage and mentor team members.
Typical tasks to be performed include:
- Act as lead consultant to client(s)
- Manage the Scope, Schedule and Budget of Projects assigned by client through throughout the duration of the project’s lifecycle(s).
- Oversee and manage the execution of the project plan.
- Implement mitigation tactics that could impact project delivery.
- Project administration, scheduling and coordination
- Interaction with Client and subconsultants
- Client relationship management
- Communicate consistently status of projects to the client.
- Utilize staff to develop plans, details, and Opinions of Probable Costs
- Mentor and train staff
- Exhibiting a keen interest in a high standard of quality and accuracy
- Visit construction sites to observe progress and assure conformance to plans and specifications
- Adjust priorities when appropriate and perform other duties assigned to meet transportation team’s goals.
- Be a Trusted Advisor for clients in resolving issues that arise.
- Other real estate development management duties as needed to complete the project on-time, on-budget and with the highest quality possible.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in, Architecture, Business, Engineering, Construction, or related field. Work experience would also be considered in lieu of Degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in the fields of Project Management, Construction, Engineering or Architecture required.
- 5+ years’ project management experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required. Ability to initiate and develop personal and professional relationships in the industry.
- Proven leadership skills used to identify key internal personnel and drive the pursuit efforts forward while maintaining the ultimate needs of the Owner.
- Strong personal and Company branding skills. Able to infuse and exude Company values into personal brand and daily interactions.
- Developed knowledge of estimating and proposal processes and procedures used to liaise between internal departments and external vendors or Owners.
- Proven ability to identify measure and facilitate the needs of the Owner during the pre-bid, bid and project phases to support positive Company relationship through the life of the project.
- Clear understanding of primary delivery model
- Specific experience in commercial construction industry within our core market sectors a plus.
- Willing to learn and understand Company market sectors and differentiators.
- Proactive and execution-oriented in his/her approach to business development.
- Excellent communication skills – is a good listener.
To be considered submit your resume to: email@example.com